Santiniketan / Bolpur
is a small town near Bolpur in the Birbhum district of West Bengal, India. It was made famous by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore, whose vision became what is now a university town (Visva-Bharati University) that attracts thousands of visitors each year.
* Distance: The distance from Kolkata to Shantiniketan is about 212 km
* Mode of transport: Hotel limousine, train or a hired car. A drive from Kolkata to Shantiniketan takes about 3.58 hours by car
Rabindranath Tagore is a stretch of mangrove forests located at the southern tip of West Bengal that touches the Arabian Sea. UNESCO has declared the site a forest reserve, and in 1989, the Sundarbans area was declared a biosphere reserve.
* Distance: The region is located about 166 km from Kolkata
* Mode of transport: Hotel limousine, train or a hired car.
* The popular route to reach Sundarbans lay towards the south-east of Kolkata. The bus route goes as far as Sonakhali. From Sonakhali, there are boats to Basanti. From Basanti it takes about an hour to reach the destination.
* The south-western route goes through Diamond Harbour into the region of Kakdwip and Namkhana, from where a boat takes visitors into the region.
To learn more about the Sunderbans National Park, click here
Darjeeling is a Himalayan town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is internationally renowned as a tourist destination, along with its tea industry and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is the headquarters of Darjeeling district. The town is located in the Mahabharat Range or Lesser Himalaya at an average elevation of 2,050 metres (6,710 feet).
* Distance: The distance from Kolkata to Darjeeling is 665 km
* Mode of transport: Hotel limousine, train or a hired car. It takes about 12 hours to drive from Kolkata to Darjeeling
For further information or to know more on destination, please contact the hotel's concierge services at + 91 33 2571 1505 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org